Pregnancy Massage, Brighton, Adelaide
Massage therapy covers many specialist areas, but pregnancy massage needs to be carried out by an accredited pregnancy massage therapist, offering specialized care to ensure both mum and baby are safe and comfortable as possible.
Our trained massage therapist will tailor each massage specifically to the needs of pregnant women and their changing bodies.
Carrying a baby inside you changes your centre of gravity and puts a lot of stress on your back, neck, abdominal muscles, and shoulders. Regular pregnancy massages will improve your health and assist with the physical, emotional and mental changes to your body during your pregnancy.
Pregnancy also relaxes your ligaments, so that your pelvic joints are less stable, and changes your posture, pulling your pelvis forward. Our trained pregnancy massage therapist can target those sore spots and provide some relief, while knowing which areas, and what techniques, to avoid.
Pregnancy Massage and its benefits
- Reduces stress hormones and increases feel-good hormones, thereby reducing anxiety and depression
- Increases energy and a reduced sense of fatigue
- Brings deep relaxation
- Can relieve nausea and heartburn
- Relieves the everyday discomforts of pregnancy such as back pain, joint pain, neck pain, headaches, pelvic pain, and leg cramps, by targeting specific trigger points and muscle tension
- Reduces excess fluid retention which generally manifests as swelling in the hands and ankles
- Reduces sciatica pain
- Improves circulation
- Improved sleep from being more relaxed, reduced muscle tension and feeling less uncomfortable
- Creates a wonderful connection between the mother and baby.
- A greater sense of relaxation which leads to the improvement in the progression of labour with better health outcomes for both mother and baby. Click here: For more information on the benefits of Massage and Acupuncture for labour preparation and induction.