Pregnancy Massage, Brighton, Adelaide
Massage therapy covers many modalities, but pregnancy massage is recommended by Nuturelifeto be carried out by a massage therapist who is accredited in pregnancy massage, not just massage!
At Essence of Health we understand the importance of supporting mother and baby, ensuring our massage therapist is a NutureLife® trained practitioner.
A NutureLife® practitioner is a holistic perinatal method developed by Pregnancy Massage Australia that supports women who are nurturing new life. Certified NutureLife® practitioners deliver massage treatment that focusses on nurturing both mother and baby.
Our trained massage therapist will tailor each massage specifically to the needs of pregnant women and their changing bodies.
Carrying a baby inside you changes your centre of gravity and puts a lot of stress on your back, neck, abdominal muscles, and shoulders. Having regular pregnancy massages has the potential for improving your health and assist with the physical, emotional and mental changes to your body during your pregnancy.
Pregnancy also relaxes your ligaments, so that your pelvic joints are less stable, and changes your posture, pulling your pelvis forward. Our qualified pregnancy massage therapist is trained to target those sore spots and provide some relief, while knowing which areas, and what techniques, to avoid.
The following are potential benefits of massage during pregnancy;
- Reduced stress hormones and increased fell-good hormones.
- Increased energy and a reduced sense of fatigue
- A sense of deep relaxation
- May relieve symptoms of nausea and heartburn
- Relieving back pain, joint pain, neck pain, headaches, pelvic pain, and leg cramps, by targeting specific trigger points and muscle tension
- Reduction of excess fluid retention which generally manifests as swelling in the hands and ankles
- Reduction of sciatica pain
- Improved circulation
- Improved sleep from being more relaxed, reduced muscle tension and feeling less uncomfortable
- A greater sense of relaxation which could lead to the improvement in the progression of labour with better health outcomes for both mother and baby.
Click here for more information about the importance of seeing a NuturLife® practitioner during pregnancy.
Please consult your obstetrician or Doctor if you have a serious medical condition to obtain approval for massage during your pregnancy.