Essence of Health offers a wide range of natural therapy services in the southern suburbs to suit your individual needs. The clinic’s therapists are well diversified and trained to treat muscle and joint injuries and pregnancy with the main goal of utilising techniques to achieve optimal health and healing for our patients.
At Essence of Health we understand the importance of supporting mother and baby. Our physiotherapist Kim will tailor each pregnancy massage specifically to the needs of pregnant women and their changing bodies. A benefit to seeing Kim for massage during your pregnancy is she’s highly skilled and trained to identify problematic areas, that may need additional treatment.
Kim can provide either a tailored style pregnancy massage treatment, or a hands-on treatment-based physiotherapy session, isolating areas of concern. Ask one of our staff members which appointment might best suit you.
Carrying a baby inside you changes your centre of gravity and puts a lot of stress on your back, neck, abdominal muscles, and shoulders. Having regular pregnancy massages has the potential for improving your health and assist with the physical, emotional and mental changes to your body during your pregnancy.
Pregnancy also relaxes your ligaments, so that your pelvic joints are less stable, and changes your posture, pulling your pelvis forward. Our trained pregnancy massage therapist is trained to target those sore spots and provide some relief, while knowing which areas, and what techniques, to avoid.
The following are potential benefits of massage during pregnancy;
- Reduced stress hormones and increased fell-good hormones
- Increased energy and a reduced sense of fatigue
- A sense of deep relaxation
- May relieve symptoms of nausea and heartburn
- Relieving the everyday discomforts of pregnancy such as back pain, joint pain, neck pain, headaches, pelvic pain, and leg cramps, by targeting specific trigger points and muscle tension
- Reduction of excess fluid retention which generally manifests as swelling in the hands and ankles
- Reduction of sciatica pain
- Improved circulation
- Improved sleep from being more relaxed, reduced muscle tension and feeling less uncomfortable
- A greater sense of relaxation which could lead to the improvement in the progression of labour with better health outcomes for both mother and baby.
- Creates a wonderful connection between the mother and baby
Please consult your obstetrician and/or Doctor if you have a serious medical condition to obtain approval for massage during your pregnancy.