Dr Sophie Dean has spent the last 14 years working in family-based chiropractic clinics throughout Adelaide and brings a friendly, positive energy to her work.
Sophies’ ability to offer a wide range of chiropractic treatment methods across all ages means she has become an integral part of healthcare support for the whole family.
Chiropractic Brighton, Seacliff, Marino in Adelaide
A chiropractor is highly trained and skilled to assess, diagnose and treat certain conditions for the whole entire family as well as offering preventative ongoing care. All family members may benefit from regular treatment from newborns all the way through to the elderly.
Chiropractors treat a huge and varied range of symptoms throughout the entire musculo-skeletal system.
Diagnostic tests may also be ordered where necessary, including x-rays and MRI’s.
Many people will consider making an appointment with a chiropractor for acute chronic conditions, but there are many reasons why it can be beneficial to schedule an appointment even when you are feeling well. Chiropractic care is helpful as part of general health and pain prevention, maintenance and management.
Included in the many reasons to make chiropractic care part of your health regime are:
- May improve joint mobility and function, along with general joint health. This may be especially beneficial for people with arthritis to assist with to decreasing the degeneration of joint and connective tissue associated with these chronic conditions.
- Can assist in the prevention of ongoing or recurring headaches.
- Assists with strength of muscles by improving contractibility when they are loose or tight. This can be particularly beneficial for athletes or people who enjoy regular exercise.
- Helps with ongoing inflammation following restoration of joint range of motion.
- Improves circulation by assisting with the elimination of stagnant blood flow.
- Following injury or damage, can speed up the recovery process.
- Supports and improves efficiency for the nervous system and can strengthen the immune system.
- May help with mood, temperament and stress. Can be calming or energising depending on what is required. May also increase energy levels and improve sleep which are often associated with nervous system concerns.
- Supports a woman throughout her pregnancy by relieving discomfort and associated back pain and preparing the body for labour. May also speed up the labour process.
- Provides care for newborn babies and their mothers to achieve balance back in the body following birth which can often be quite traumatic even in uncomplicated births. Can also assist with successful feeding and related concerns such as reflux and sleep.