It’s easy to ignore some of the signs and symptoms your body may throw at you to tell you something is wrong. Generally, you ignore the symptoms hoping they will go away, but they usually don’t. Signs and symptoms are all warning signs from your body to sit up, take notice and make some changes. It’s time to help your body find its balance so that you can feel well again. By giving your body a well-deserved cleanse, it will leave you with a new sense of vitality and well-being.
A toxin is a general term for any type of built up waste, the gunk that is left over after your body has broken down food, alcohol, smoke and thousands of other substances. Through evolution we cannot escape both the extra burden on our body through both the internal toxins and external toxins that we are exposed to.
There are many external toxins and included wastes produced by:
- Herbicides, pesticides and insecticides
- Food additives, preservatives and colourings.
- Polluted water, unfiltered tap & tank water
- Pharmaceutical medicines
- Hormone Medicines eg: pill, IVF medications
- Vehicle fumes, industrial air pollution and fumes
- Home cleaning products and chemicals
- Chemicals released by building materials, paint, home furniture, clothing
- Chemicals in make-up, skin/hair care
These built up waste products tend to have irritating or harmful effects on your body if there is not efficient elimination. Luckily, our bodies were created to deal with a certain amount of toxins. Our bodies have very sophisticated systems for removing toxins, but when the body’s elimination organs cannot fully cope with toxins a cascade of events take place and our body begins to experience the following symptoms:
- Weight Gain
- Fatigue or tire easily
- Lack of concentration
- Fuzzy thinking
- Irritable, stressed-out
- Depressed, moody, anxious
- Menstrual problems, PMS
- Skin Complaints
- Headaches, Migraines
- Sore Muscles or Joints
- Fluid Retention
- Digestive Problems, IBS
- Constipation / Diarrhoea
- Frequent colds/Flu
Helping your body detox
If it sounds like your body is overloaded with toxins, even though you may not associate with all the symptoms but just simply feel tired and run down a simple detox can help in many ways.
Detoxification means to open gates of the extra-cellular matrix. Diet modifications are initiated as well as fluid intake, lymphatic, renal, liver and gut stimulation.
Detoxification treatments are used in conjunction with certain tests to see if your body has issues detoxifying correctly. Such issues in methylation “detoxing” can cause toxins to recycle and not be cleared effectively. Each Detox program may need additional support, which is then catered to the individual and will vary depending on current health issues.
Additional steps can be taken to positively affect permanent change in your life and for your body, these steps include:
- A test to see if the detox pathways are compromised
- Detoxification supplements based on test results
- A “realistic” Modified eating plan
- Physical activity
- Deep breathing/ Relaxation technique
- Acupuncture – to stimulate the organs involved in detoxification, increase your overall energy, and help find balance between the mind, body and emotions.
- Massage – increase lymphatic drainage
- Maintenance program following the detoxification program