The disappointment of not being able to do some of the things we enjoy through injury, the frustration and agony of hurting your back, twisting a knee or pulling a muscle just playing with the kids, doing household chores or simply bending in the garden. It doesn’t matter whether it comes from a physical injury or an internal degeneration, the fact is, it hurts! Acupuncture is a therapy that can help you get back to feeling pain-free and mobile, as quickly as possible.
Acupuncture can fast track your recovery time and get to the point of the problem quicker. The sooner your acupuncture treatment of these injuries is started, the less time you’ll need to be sitting on the sidelines or home on the couch.
Acupuncture works in the following ways to help you bounce right back into action:
- Decreasing the effect of bruising
- Reduce swelling, inflammation and pain
- Increase range of movement and flexibility
- Decrease spasm and caulking in muscles
- Reduce healing time by increasing circulation
- Provide an aid to other therapies (massage)
The common health conditions that can be treated with acupuncture include:
- Lower back pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Sprains & strains
- Spasm, & tension
- Rye neck
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Knee problems
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Oedema (Fluid retention)
- Tension related migraines.