Friday Five – 5 ways to eat healthfully
Eating a healthy diet can help a number of different issues from weight management to hormone health.
Today we are discussing our top 5 tips to eat more healthfully.
- Eat whole foods. A whole food is any food that hasn’t been processed or refined. It is as close to finding it in nature as possible.
- Cook more meals at home. When you cook meals at home, you know what you are putting in. That way you can monitor salt, sugar, unhealthy fats and include all of the healthier foods.
- Avoid packaged foods unless necessary. They are full of sugar, salt, unhealthy fats, preservatives, and colourings.
- Increase your fruits and veggies. Try to include at least 3 veggies including 1 green veggie at each meal and have fruit and veggies available for snacks.
- Stay hydrated. Hydration can curb hunger which will help avoid snacking.