Mushroom and noodle hotpot
The powers of Fungi- rich in b vitamins, beta glucans, selenium and immune regulating properties
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 3
cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Small knob ginger, thinly sliced
1L filtered water
500g swiss brown mushrooms thinly sliced
3 shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
1-2 tbsp white miso paste
1 tbsp tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
1 long red chilli thinly sliced (or ¼ – ½ tsp red pepper flakes – adjust depending on heat preference)
3 spring onions thinly sliced
200g buckwheat soba noodles, cooked (or noodles of your choice)
Small handful coriander, to serve
Nori seaweed, to serve
1-2 tbsp bone broth (powder or concentrate)
1-2 tbsp marine collagen
225g organic firm silken tofu, to serve (or steamed white fish, pulled chicken)
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pot, add garlic and ginger and stir for 2 minutes.
2. Pour water into the pot and bring to a boil.
3. Meanwhile, in a fry pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil, then add mushrooms and sear on both sides for a few minutes until golden brown.
4. Add caramelised mushrooms, miso, tamari, chilli, and bone broth (if using) to the hot water and simmer, partially covered for 15 minutes until the flavours have infused into the stock.
5. Add spring onion, coriander, seaweed and collagen (if using) and mix through.
6. To serve, divide hot cooked buckwheat noodles into bowls and ladle the broth over the noodles.
7. Top with warm tofu or fish if desired, for an extra protein boost.
For more healthy recipes, click here.