Healthy tips for the festive season
- If you are having lunch or dinner, skip the snacks beforehand and focus on the main meal
- Try to stick to one plate of food and avoid seconds
- Balance is good – Load your plate with veggies and salad. Try for half veggies/ salad + ¼ protein + ¼ carbs
- You can have your cake (or pudding) – but try to stick to a small serve and eat it mindfully so you enjoy it 😊
- If you are drinking alcohol, alternate with water between drinks
- Swap soft drink for sparkling water, and add some fruit like lemon or berries
- Incorporate exercise into your plans. Even a gentle walk will be beneficial
- Give yourself a break! If you do overindulge, it’s okay! Try to eat healthy the next day
- Most importantly enjoy time with your family and friends – make some memories!
- Feeling overwhelmed or burnt-out? Take downtime when you need it – it’s okay to do nothing!