Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup
This soup is easy to digest and contains cruciferous vegetables which are well known for their detoxifying ability.
Cruciferous vegetables contain many different nutrients to support our health. They also contain compounds called glucocinolates.
Glucocinolates are broken down to isothyocinates by an enzyme called myrosinase. This enzyme is activated when the fresh vegetable is chopped to smaller pieces. Isothyocinates are special in that they support both phases of liver detoxification.
Cruciferous vegetables are in season in Spring – the perfect time to detox. Try to add cruciferous vegetables to your meals every day.
- 1 leek roughly chopped
- 1 head of broccoli roughly chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 massel stock cube (can choose preferred flavour) + Enough water to cover / or enough bone broth to cover
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder/ 1 table spoon of curry paste
- Fry leek and garlic in small amount of olive oil
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, stock cube and water
- Boil until soft
- (Add optional flavours if desired)
- Blend with a stick blender
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top + salt and pepper to taste